The times they are a changing... Posted on 15 Oct 08:46 , 2 comments
No one likes change. I know it isn't easy, but sometimes it's worth it and this is one of those times. I'm talking about changing from anti-perspirant to all natural deodorant.
Let's face it all natural deodorant has a bad reputation. Most of them don't even work. We've all tried "Tom's" and had our hearts broken because we still have body odor and we've wasted $7.00. And did you know that the "Crystal" contains aluminum? Even though it's a super cool idea, it doesn't work either!
Well "Be Fresh" by Naturally Betsy really works and has received rave reviews! Here are some reasons why you'll want to give it a try!
First of all most antiperspirants are full of toxic chemicals and here are the some of the side effects...
- Aluminum Compounds (Aluminum chlorohydrate and aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex glycine) – Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, skin irritation
- Parabens (methyl, ethyl, propyl, benzyl and butyl) – Endocrine disruption, environmental toxin, cancer, reproductive disorders, premature aging, immune toxicant, allergen
- Phthalates – Cancer, birth defects, infertility, allergen
- Proplyene glycol – Skin, eyes, and lungs irritation, reproductive and fetal neurotoxin linked to kidney and liver damage, enhanced skin absorption
- Silica – Possible carcinogen if contaminated with crystalline quartz, skin, eyes and lung irritation
- Steareths – Endocrine disruption, developmental/reproductive toxicity, skin irritation
- Talc – Non-reproductive organ system toxin, possible carcinogen if contaminated with asbestiform fibers
- Triclosan – Antibacterial agent banned in several countries due contribution to the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, endocrine disruption, muscle weakness, skin, eyes, and lung irritation
Naturally Betsy's "Be Fresh" (click here for more information) is made with all organic and natural ingredients like coconut oil, beeswax, shea butter. No chemicals to harm your body in any way.
Some people have a "mental block" when it comes to using cream deodorant but it's really no big deal.
Here's how to apply "Be Fresh":
1. Scoop small amount on your finger and melt on fingertips.
2. Then pat onto armpits gently.
(Any residue left on your fingers can be rubbed into your skin or easily rinsed off.)
That's it. So simple!
Everyone is different. Some times your body might go through a little adjustment period, while you're armpits adjust to not being clogged up by the aluminum holding your sweat in.
Be sure to wash your armpits daily and try to keep it clean as your body adjusts. And for women it can help to shave your armpits daily. For some people it can take up to a few weeks before your body calibrates to this new world order. But don't give up! Your armpits will thank you!!
P.S. Here are some of the most recent customer reviews:
Elissa Nabozny on Oct 13, 2015
Once I became aware of the dangers of store bought deodorants, specifically aluminum content & the effects of antiperspirants, I became determined to use a natural alternative.
Frustratingly, even the most tried & true options left me sticky sweaty & reapplying for odor control throughout the day. While visiting Austin, a jar of Naturally Betsy's Cream Deodorant was left in a friend's guest bathroom for us to try.
Though still skeptical, I ordered a jar. In the two years since both my boyfriend & I have used this product religiously. We have both found that we actually sweat less & at the end of even strenuous days we smell clean- it truly is unisex!
Adjusting from store bought packaging is not nearly as intimidating as it may seem- if you keep the jar near the shower it will always be soft enough to use & the residue from putting it on with your fingers is easily rinsed off. It requires so little to use that we seem to replace our jar only once every six months!
I shout about this product from the rooftops & highly recommend giving it a try, Thank you Betsy!
Love Be Fresh Sensitive Lavender!
I've been using Be Fresh Sensitive Lavender for about a week, and it is the best deodorant I've ever used. I have super sensitive skin, and this product does not irritate my skin at all. And it really works. No body odor whatsoever - even after walking for 90 minutes in 100+ degrees heat. I am a fan!
W3LL PEOPLE AUSTIN, TX
"We've recently compared your deodorant to a couple of others brands on the market, both Soapwalla and Schmidts. And I have to say that yours is far superior in wearability, odor control
and gentleness for sensitive customers."
Be Fresh in Sandalwood – I’m calling this “magic in a jar”! A wonderful all-natural deodorant which is both effective and smells amazing! I love how it disappears on my skin and doesn’t leave any marks on my clothes. Absolutely fantastic product!
Rachael Violet Scott
It's been such a blessing :D